Pages

Monday, June 03, 2013

The Boy and the Broken Machine

So I'm happy to be able to show an album cover that I was able to work on a few months ago for the talented musician Joe Brooks.  My brother Matt plays the drums in his band (another talented cat), and told me Joe was looking for an animated style for his new album cover.  After hearing what he had in mind I was eager to work on it, and am excited to show all of you how the final art came to be.  Down below I posted my journey in creating the final artwork.

Click on the images if you would like to see a larger version.  I also posted a few songs from the album below, give them a listen:) Oh... one more thing, you can buy the cd on Joe's website here.

Thanks for checkin' it out!







10 comments:

Marcos Shih said...

Your paintings are looking great!!

Marcos Shih said...

These paintings are great Jeremy!!

Jeremy de la Garza said...

Thanks brother! Means a lot coming from you man:)

Jason said...

Dude!!!! That looks amazing! Way to go!

Jeremy de la Garza said...

Thanks J! I appreciate it brother!!

Devin Gilmer said...

Wow, Garza this work is amazing. Nice job!

Jeremy de la Garza said...

Thanks Gilmer!!

Anonymous said...

Whatup. Its Rolo. Cool stuff man. You keep getting better and better. What media are you using for this?

Jeremy de la Garza said...

What's up Rolo! Thanks for your comments man:) For this I used a combination of photoshop and google sketchup to create parts of the machine. How is your stuff going? You still doing your art/graphic design?

Jeremy de la Garza said...

Also it's a combination of digital painting and photography in there. The boy started out as a photo and I painted over him and used some watercolor textures.